As an Accounts Payable Specialist your primary function will be processing vendor invoices and providing payment status updates. You will work with our brokers to ensure carriers are being paid correctly and within payment terms. Accurate and timely payments are critical and time sensitive elements of IEL’s business and are relied upon to provide excellent service to both internal and external partners.
This position is a member of the Accounting Department and reports to the Accounts Payable Manager.
Position Description (Essential Duties & Responsibilities):
* Enter carrier invoices - review for discrepancies, address, factoring co, lumper receipts, etc.
* Export from iTMS (transportation management system) to Intacct (accounting program)
* Process Quick Pays - ensure the QP fee was calculated correctly and ensure payment is issued within QP terms
* Respond to numerous telephone and email requests for payment status
* Monitor email for updated Payment Terms sheets and update carrier account info accordingly
* Ensure Notices of Assignment (NOAs) are saved in iDocs and carrier remit info is updated
* Assist with special projects as needed